The premier healthcare e-source
STAT!Ref® Online is a cross-searchable, healthcare reference e-source that integrates core titles with evidence-based resources and innovative tools all in one location.
Pick and choose full-text titles to customize your yearly subscription and we'll provide frequent updates seamlessly as they become available. Or, start by picking one of our customizable STAT!Ref Core Resources Collections. Our full-text, top-tier titles are available in a multitude of healthcare disciplines from a wide variety of reputable authors, publishers and societies.
What is STAT!Ref Online?
Ease of use
• STAT!Ref is intuitive to use. Most users are comfortable in a matter of minutes with how to use STAT!Ref effectively to find the information they need.
• STAT!Ref uses an AND search by default. The Boolean operators supported are: AND; OR; NOT; ADJ (adjacent); and OADJ (ordered adjacent).
• STAT!Ref provides an Advanced Search feature. This feature allows just a selection of particular titles to be searched, instead of the default of searching all titles. It provides document type selections so that only particular types of text are searched: text (regular chapter text); tables (columnar table text); Figures (image captions); video (video captions); and headers (table of contents entries - the hierarchy of the text).
• On the Results page presented after searching there are filters to allow only particular areas of interest, or disciplines to be selected, narrowing the displayed results to the titles contained within the selected discipline.
STAT!Ref offers quintessential titles from a wide variety of publishers and medical societies. Many of the titles available through STAT!Ref are included on Doody's Core Titles List (DCT). Search all of the titles in your subscription at once using simple text queries or Boolean operators. STAT!Ref will present the results in relevance-ranked order and offer spelling corrections and related concepts to focus your search. You can also create direct links to the titles in your subscription that can be used on your own website or e-catalog.
AAFP Conditions A to Z
In English and Spanish
STAT!Ref includes this patient information tool that's been written and reviewed by physicians and patient education professionals at the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP). Common conditions, treatments and health tips are listed alphabetically or cross-searchable in STAT!Ref Online.
‘Altmetrics’, or alternative metrics, tracks and collates mentions and shares of academic research papers and other outputs (such as datasets) across traditional and social media outlets, blogs, public policy documents, post-publication peer-review forums and online reference managers. Altmetric badges appear on select STAT!Ref content.
Citations for use in research papers can be generated by using the Bibliographic Citations feature at the bottom of every STAT!Ref document. You can export citations suitable for use in either RefWorks or EndNote. They are also available in plain text.
Choose the one that best suits your needs and it will be integrated directly into your subscription:
• Stedman's Medical Dictionary
The most reliable, must-have resource available for healthcare professional's is included in STAT!Ref. This 28th Edition contains more than 107,000 terms and has been thoroughly reviewed and updated by consultants from all the major medical and health science specialties. Highlight a word and click on the dictionary link for quick definitions without leaving your search.
• Stedman's Medical Dictionary for the Dental Professions
Perfect for Dentistry. Substitute this dictionary as your default dictionary.
• Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary
Taber's 21st is today's most comprehensive health science dictionary.
These alerts provide email delivery and access to current EBM information and research from over 130 premier clinical journals. These alerts are pre-rated for clinical relevance and newsworthiness by a panel of practicing physicians through McMaster University. Choose the disciplines within Medicine, Nursing and Rehabilitation and receive EBM updates daily or weekly.
The STAT!Ref Evidence Alerts system provides e-mail delivery and access to evidence-based medicine (EBM) information from current research of over 130 premier clinical journals. In order to register for STAT!Ref Evidence Alerts, you must be a subscriber or user and you must create a "My STAT!Ref" Preferences account. more
STAT!Ref utilizes the HL7 (Health Level Seven) Infobutton search with electronic health records. This allows doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals who review a patient's health record quick access to STAT!Ref resources. If provides value for EMR/EHR systems, but can be integrated into any information system.
EBMcalc Complete Edition
EBMcalc is a collection of over 520 calculations, clinical criteria sets and decision trees in STAT!Ref. With every search you perform, STAT!Ref automatically presents links to relevant EBM tools within EBMcalc. Some of the tools included are clinical Criteria Sets, Decision Trees, Medical equations, Unit and Dose Converters, Calculations and Equations by Specialty.
PubMed & The National Guidelines Clearing House
STAT!Ref automatically searches PubMed and the National Guidelines Clearing House for matched results. Related concepts are displayed using the Metathesaurus, provided by the National Library of Medicine's Unified Medical Language System. Users with a PubMed account can register their PubMed "holding name" or "otool id" with us and link directly to PubMed full journal articles. Users without a PubMed account will still get access to PubMed citations.
When a search is performed in STAT!Ref, results from STAT!Ref Evidence Alerts, STAT!Ref Medical News Feed and four web sites provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will appear in the Additional Resources section.
- • http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/ - "Pink book"
- • http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/ - "Yellow book"
- • http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr - Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report
- • http://www.thecommunityguide.org - A community health guide
Clicking on a public site link will open a new window/tab.
CDC public site search will include searching of PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OpenOffice documents, HTML, text and RTF.
Clicking on the Evidence Alerts or Medical New Feed results link will prompt the user to login to preferences, or create a preferences account, and take them to the search results list for their search.
STAT!Ref Medical News Feed
In conjunction with Reuters Health Medical News, keeps health professionals ahead of the curve with the latest key developments in the world of medicine and pharmaceuticals. Produced by the dedicated team of journalists specializing in medicine and pharmacology, this service is an essential news resource for educational institutions, medical programs, nursing programs, pharmaceutical businesses and other health information departments.
Login to your STAT!Ref Preferences account to signup for Medical News alerts. more
STAT!Ref is optimized for delivery on mobile devices. Simply log in as you normally do and most mobile devices will be automatically redirected to the mobile URL. The mobile version has full content available for all STAT!Ref titles and is intended to allow quick searches of titles while on the go.
We also have app's for smartphones. We have app's for iPhone, iPad, Android™ and Blackberry. more
TOXicology Data NETwork (TOXNET)
TOXicology Data NETwork is a set of databases covering toxicology, hazardous chemicals, environmental health and related areas. It is managed by the Toxicology and Environmental Health Information Program (TEHIP) in the Division of Specialized Information Services (SIS) of the National Library of Medicine (NLM). STAT!Ref cross-searches TOXNET and provides results from the databases listed below. more
- • Hazardous Substances Data Bank (HSDB)
- • Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS)
- • International Toxicity Estimates for Risk (ITER)
- • Chemical Carcinogenesis Research Information System (CCRIS)
- • Genetic Toxicology (GENE-TOX)
- • Tox Town®
- • Drugs and Lactation ( LacMed)
- • Carcingenic Potency Database (CPDB)
- • Comparative Toxicogenomics Database (CTD)
You get all of this at no extra cost
- 9 Different ways to search STAT!Ref
- 24/7 access as long as you have an internet connection and the proper authentication
- All STAT!Ref titles, Journals & PDFs are full-text and cross-searchable
- Athens Support: Open Athens, My Athens & Shibboleth
- Doody's Core Titles: Many STAT!Ref titles are on the Doody Core Title list
- Email a Link: Create a link to your current location. You can also Email it to yourself or a colleague right from within STAT!Ref
- Federated Search Support: EBSCO, Ex Libris, OVID, and Serials Solutions, just to name a few
- Marc Records: Download your MARC Records at anytime
- Nursing Pod Casts: By author and Professor Sally Lagerquist, RN, MS
- STAT!Notes: Bookmark pertinent information with an editable STAT!Note
- Statistics & Reports: Easy to access and use
- Versatile Packaging: Configurable to meet your needs and your budget
Add any of our Premier content and you have a robust and complete one stop place for all of your resources
- Anatomy.tv by Primal Pictures
- Coding: HCPCS II, ICD-10-CM & ICD-10-PCS, CPT® Data Files, OPTUM™
- Drug Information: AHFS Drug Information®, DrugPoints® System, Handbook on Injectable Drugs and many more...
- EBM: Scientific American Medicine, Essential Evidence Plus™ & AHFS DI® Essentials™, Pharmacotherapy, Geriatrics and Nursing just to name a few...
- Surgical Videos: From Northwestern University
My STAT!Ref Account Overview:
- Temporary Login Account
- Search Sets
Setup, view and edit My STAT!Ref account.
My STAT!Ref - Temporary Login Account
Use a My STAT!Ref Account as a Temporary Login Account.
You can use a My STAT!Ref Account to setup a Temporary login Account and login anywhere using the "My STAT!Ref" username and password. This may be useful if you normally log in to STAT!Ref using IP based authentication or a proxy server.
Temporary Login Accounts expire 90 days from initial setup, by default. An expiration reminder email for users of Temporary Login Accounts is sent 10 days and then again 1 day prior to expiration.
To protect a subscription from unauthorized use, it is required that users re-authenticate their My STAT!Ref Temporary Login Accounts prior to expiration by logging in to their My STAT!Ref account while either IP authenticated, with a Full User login (not all subscriptions are setup with full user accounts) or by accessing via a proxy server. After accessing the account just click the Temporary Login Account tab and click the [Activate / Renew] button.
Choose your logoff behavior.
- • Default URL
- • Close Window
- • User specified URL
Create and manage your own custom search sets.
STAT!Ref provides alerts which you can sign up to receive via email or by subscribing to the RSS versions of the service.
- • STAT!Ref Evidence Alerts offer a range of healthcare disciplines that can be chosen delivering relevant and meaningful EBM information focused on your healthcare interests, helping with your clinical decisions.
- • STAT!Ref Evidence Alerts RSS are available in the Medical, Nursing and Rehabilitation disciplines. Sign up for STAT!Ref Evidence Alerts Feeds and have content relevant to you delivered directly to your browser.
- • STAT!Ref Medical News Feed in conjunction with Reuters Health Medical News, keeps health professionals ahead of the curve with the latest key developments in the world of medicine and pharmaceuticals.
- • STAT!Ref Medical News Feed RSS are available in all Alerts Selections. Sign up for STAT!Ref Medical News Feed and have content relevant to you delivered directly to your browser.
Please contact customer service or product support if you have a question unanswered here.
An error occurred processing the page you requested.
Technical Support has been notified.
This is a web application error which could be caused by a broken URL, a momentary communication glitch or the web server resetting.
1) Wait a few minutes and try again.
2) Verify that your link/URL is valid.
3) Refresh your browser by using the F5 key.
4) If the problem persists, contact support.
You can create various types of links using the STAT!Ref Link Wizard. To access the Link Wizard, go to the Home page of SR Online and click the link found in the left column under Tools. Make your choices from the drop down menus to create the type of links you want and then click Generate HTML. Copy and paste the HTML into a file of your choice to use on your web pages or in your catalogs.
If you have Client Manager Access you can also login to SR Online as an admin and under the Groups tab in your subscription, click on the "Links" link and you can copy various link combinations from there. If there is no Client Manager for your subscription or you just don't know who that might be you can contact customer service and they will be happy to assist you in getting the types of links you want.
With your mouse, highlight the section of text you wish to print and click the printer icon in the toolbar. When the Print window opens click the Selection button and then the Print button. Just the text you selected will print.
You can also copy and paste sections of text into another document to print later. Just use the same method above to select your text, right click the mouse and select copy. Click into your document, right click your mouse and select paste. Because of publisher restrictions there are limits on how much you can print at a time. Whole chapters usually will not print in their entirety. If you encounter a "print limit exceeded" message you should try one of the alternative methods of printing discussed above.
- • EBSCO A - Z
- • Ex Libris
- • Innovative Interfaces
- • MuseFirst
- • Northern Light's
- • Serials Solutions 360 Search
- • TDNet
- • WAM
- • OVID
We provide URLS & MARC Record data to some of the larger FSE Companies on a monthly basis via email and/or ftp. If a FSE Company is not currently recieving this data and would like to do so, they just need to contact us and we will get them setup to do so.
- • 1. Log in to STAT!Ref as you normally do.
- • 2. Type in a search term.
- • 3. When the search results appear, TOXNET results will appear in the left hand column under “Additional Resources”. Scroll over TOXNET and the resources applicable to your search will appear. Click on any resource to access.
In a case where there was not a Statistician or Client Manager setup, you can contact customer service and they will be happy to either setup an account for you depending upon the subscription circumstances or they will run stats for you and provide you with a report.
Links to all "New and Updated" titles can be found on our title pages. Go to New and Updated titles now. You can also view recent title information by clicking on the What's New link at the bottom of the STAT!Ref Online search screen. Notes on title updates that have taken place are available from the footer of STAT!Ref Online pages through the Title Updates link in the lower right corner.
Please e-mail all suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send an e-mail to this address by clicking the Send Feedback link in the left side of the footer on all STAT!Ref Online pages.
Click on the My STAT!Ref link
Enter your email address as your user name
Create a password
Thats it, your done! Now you can signup for Evidence Alerts, Medical News Feeds or a Temporary Login Account. You can also create your own search sets and choose your logoff behavior.
This will email your password to you at your registered email address.
If your un/pw no longer works you simply have to access STAT!Ref while IP Authenticated.
Click on "Your Prferences".
Select the Temporary Login Account Tab.
Click the activate/reactivate button. You will see your new expiration date.
If you are in STAT!Ref Online then the Help link in the toolbar has answers to most questions on how to use STAT!Ref Online. When you open the help page you will see the help section divided into 3 categories:
Client Manager Help
Different levels of help are available based on your own user level. The Client Manager is the person within your institution who manages your STAT!Ref account. The Client Manager has access to the group's properties page -- they may view all of the group's properties and may configure username accounts as well as access the usage reports that Statisticians use.
The Statistician may generate and view statistics reports, but does not have access to group properties or username accounts.
Users have the default access level for STAT!Ref Online which they can use to find answers by using search, the table of contents and the dictionary. Users do not have access to account management or to statistics reports.
• IE 8.0+ (Windows)
• Firefox 15.0+ (Windows, Mac, Linux)
• Safari 2.0+ (Mac)
• Safari 3.0+ (Windows)
• Chrome 25.0+ (Windows, Mac, Linux)
"To me it's essential to save users and dentists time... we've never had a single problem... STAT!Ref has made it easy, it's been great."
-- Cindy Scroggins, Director of Baylor Health Science Library and Baylor school of Dentistry
"STAT!Ref offers a smart search engine, so the searcher doesn't need to be."