STAT!Ref® Mobile Access
Access STAT!Ref Anytime, Anywhere
STAT!Ref Mobile Access takes STAT!Ref healthcare e-sources on the go. With powerful interactive functionality, STAT!Ref Mobile Access allows users to search their institution’s subscriptions anytime, anywhere. STAT!Ref is available through mobile applications that are supported by most popular devices or through web enabled mobile access technology (STAT!Ref Mobile).
Featuring these Apps:
With powerful interactive functionality, STAT!Ref Mobile uses common browser connectivity which allows users to access their institution’s subscriptions anytime, anywhere or users can choose from one of our Smartphone featured Apps.• Cross-search more then 400 fully-interactive resources, including full-text information from a variety of top healthcare publishers and societies
• Use evidence-based STAT!Ref clinical decision tools when and where they are needed, at the point-of-care
• Access multimedia content including videos and images that are completely optimized for quick accessibility
Mobile Access Video
With powerful interactive functionality, the STAT!Ref Mobile App allows users to search their institution’s subscriptions anytime, anywhere. Click here to view a short demonstration video (1:36).
STAT!Ref iPhone & iPad App
The STAT!Ref Mobile App allows you to access your institution’s STAT!Ref subscription from your iPhone or iPad. The STAT!Ref Mobile App can be downloaded FREE from the iTunes App Store by clicking here: STAT!Ref Mobile iPhone App
STAT!Ref Android™ App
The STAT!Ref Mobile App allows you to access your institution’s STAT!Ref subscription from your Android™ smartphone as well as other devices with the Android™ OS such as the Kindle Fire by Amazon Digital Services. The STAT!Ref Mobile is FREE. Just scan the QR code or download from these two sources:
The STAT!Ref Android™ Mobile App from Google Play - click here.
The STAT!Ref Android™ Mobile App from the Amazon Appstore - click here.
STAT!Ref BlackBerry App
The STAT!Ref Mobile App allows you to access your institution’s STAT!Ref subscription from your BlackBerry, but please note that BlackBerry OS 5 or OS 6 is required. Later versions are not currently supported. Any newer versions of Blackberry should use the mobile optimized web platform. The STAT!Ref Mobile App can be downloaded FREE by scanning the QR code with your BlackBerry or by coping and pasting this URL into your BlackBerry: http://online.statref.com/Blackberry/STATRef.jad
How to Create - Activate - Renew
After downloading the STAT!Ref Mobile App, in order to access your institution’s existing subscription, you must create a Temporary Login Account. The STAT!Ref Mobile App works for all institutions that have enabled the use of the STAT!Ref Temporary Login Account. This feature is enabled by default but can be disabled at the request of the institution.
Create a My STAT!Ref account in order to setup a Temporary Login Account to use with a Mobile APP:
• Access your STAT!Ref subscription as you normally would using an official login method. This would be authentication based on the IP addresses of your institution and/or full user accounts usually via a desktop or laptop computer while at your institution.
• Click the “My STAT!Ref” link in the upper right corner
• If you do not have a “My STAT!Ref” account already, set-up your account by simply entering your name, state/province, phone number, e-mail address and a “My STAT!Ref” password
• Click the “Temporary Login Account” tab and click the [Activate/Renew] button
• The email address you entered becomes your User Name and must be entered in its entirety. The email address can be personal or institutional.
• The password is a password of your choice and must contain at least 5 characters which can be both alpha and numeric.
Activate your mobile app using your Temporary Login Account
• On your mobile device go to Apps and tap on STAT!Ref
• Enter your email address as your User Name and the Password you created
• You have now activated your Temporary Login Account
• An expiration reminder email for users of Temporary Login Accounts are sent 10 days and then again 1 day prior to expiration
Why do we call it a Temporary Login Account?
Activating the “Temporary Login Account” will provide the ability to login to your institutional subscription via a username (email address) and password on your mobile device, remote laptop, tablet, desktop, etc... This account will be the same as a “My STAT!Ref” account. The “My STAT!Ref” email address and password become a login account, temporarily. Temporary Login Accounts expire 90 days from initial setup, by default. Your institutions decision maker, in regards to STAT!Ref, can request to make the expiration shorter or longer from 30 days up to 365 days.
Renewing a Temporary Login Account:
To protect a subscription from unauthorized use, it is required that users re-authenticate their My STAT!Ref Temporary Login Accounts prior to expiration by logging in to their My STAT!Ref account while either IP authenticated, with a Full User login (not all subscriptions are setup with full user accounts) or by accessing via a proxy server. After accessing the account just click the Temporary Login Account tab and click the [Activate / Renew] button.
• Temporary Login Account - Status: Unavailable - Please consult FAQ section below for help with this issue
Warning Message: This My STAT!Ref account was activated for logging in to STAT!Ref under a different subscription. If you need to use this account with a new subscription, please contact technical support for assistance.
• Temporary Login Account - Status: Active. Expires: mm/dd/yyyy - Please consult FAQ section below for help with this issue
Warning Message: You are currently logged in to STAT!Ref using a My STAT!Ref account. You cannot activate or renew a My STAT!Ref account for logging in to STAT!Ref while logged in with this type of account.
• You can use your Temporary Login Account from any device with a modern browser and an internet connection. Just go to the home page of this website: www.statref.com and login.
• The best way to renew your Temporary Login Account is to go back to the original place where you created your account (school library, faculty lounge, etc…). If that is not possible, try logging into your institution via a proxy or by using an institutional login. Access your institutions website and do a search for STAT!Ref. If that fails, search for AAFP Conditions A to Z. All STAT!Ref subscriptions have this title. Once you find a link into STAT!Ref from your institution, you can go to My STAT!Ref and use the instructions above to renew your account.
• A Temporary Login Account can be renewed even after it has expired. Use the same instructions as the hint above.
For assistance, please call technical support at 1.800.901.5494 or e-mail email@example.com.
STAT!Ref Mobile is the same intuitive, full-text e-resource that enables users to cross-search evidence-based and authoritative references in seconds online only scaled to view on smaller screens.
- • Same as the web version
- • Goes where you go
- • User Name and Password or IP Authenticated
Always on call. Whenever, wherever you need it. If you have a subscription to STAT!Ref Online and you have a mobile device that is web enabled then you already have STAT!Ref Mobile.
STAT!Ref Mobile is optimized for delivery on mobile devices. Simply log in as you normally do and most mobile devices will be automatically redirected to the mobile URL. The mobile version has full content available for all STAT!Ref Online and is intended to allow quick searches of titles while on the go.
Once a user connects successfully with their mobile device, STAT!Ref will detect the capabilities of their device and will direct them either to the mobile user interface or the full featured interface, based on what their device supports.
Proprietary browsers such as the BlackBerry browser can sometimes be an issue. We recommend installing an additional browser that is compatible with your device if you have browser issues while trying to use STAT!Ref Mobile. Some tested or recommended browsers include: Safari, HTML Internet Browser, Media Net, Openwave, Opera Mini, Minuet, and NetFront.
STAT!Ref Mobile requires IP or User Name and Password authentication.
SR Mobile Frequently Asked Questions
URLs and authentication methods apply the same to SR Mobile as they do for your SR Online subscription. If you need assistance with SR Mobile please contact customer service. If your institution has a subscription to STAT!Ref you can download one of the available Mobile apps and start using STAT!Ref on your mobile today! See Mobile App information on this web page.
This happens occasionally if your institution has or has had access to more than one STAT!Ref subscription. Subscriptions are identified with a unique group alias in all URLs "grpalias=#######". Your My STAT!Ref account is associated with the grpalias that you were connected to when you originally created your account. If you've received this message then you have accessed STAT!Ref through a URL with a different grpalias, one that is not associated with your account. Please call or email support with the email address you signed up with and the name of the institution as it appears at the top of the screen when you are logged in to STAT!Ref. We can find and move if necessary your My STAT!Ref account to the appropriate subscription.
The STAT!Ref preferences, My STAT!Ref, firstname.lastname@example.org expires on mm/dd/yyyy. You will not be able to use it for off-site access after that date unless you re-activate it from the My STAT!Ref Temporary Login Account page.
Solution: To protect a subscription from unauthorized use, it is required that users re-authenticate their My STAT!Ref Temporary Login Accounts prior to expiration by logging in to their My STAT!Ref account while either IP authenticated, with a Full User login (not all subscriptions are setup with full user accounts) or by accessing via a proxy server. After accessing the account just click the Temporary Login Account tab and click the [Activate / Renew] button. View the Mobile Demonstatration Video
SR Mobile is a streamlined version of the same subscription. Because some of the value-added resources are memory, megabyte and/or Flash intensive, not all resources are available at this time on the mobile version.
Here is a break down of these resources:
- • Available: Stedman's Medical Dictionary. Stedman's is incorporated into the application. You can highlight a word on the device, click Define, and if found in Stedman's, the definition will appear as a pop-up. On some devices you just need to tap the word.
- • Available: PubMed. PubMed links in the text are active. You will get a message that you are about to leave the STAT!Ref web site and are given the chance to continue or to cancel. Additional Resource search results are not available in the mobile apps.
- • Available: National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC). NGC links in the text are active. You will get a message that you are about to leave the STAT!Ref web site and are given the chance to continue or to cancel. Additional Resource search results are not available in the mobile apps.
- • Available: MedCalc 3000. Scroll to the M's and you'll find Medcalc.
- • Not at this time: APhA DrugInfo LINE® PDFs.
- • Not at this time: Nursing Pod Casts. Note: These Pod Casts are Mp3 files and can be downloaded to your Mp3 player. Access your STAT!Ref subscription while IP Authenticated, go to the home page, locate the Nursing Pod Cast Panel and follow the download instructions located there.
If you still have difficulty please contact customer service or your librarian.
iPhone, iPod iTouch and iPad users will see the regular SR Online version of STAT!Ref. If you would prefer the version scaled for the small screen then just use this URL to login; http://online.statref.com/mobile. This will prompt you for a user name and password. If you want to be IP Authenticated you will need to know the SR Online group alias for your institution or subscription. Just add /grpalis=???? (where ???? is replaced by your group alias) to the end of the URL.
Better yet, setup a preferences account and download one of the available STAT!Ref Mobile Apps and you will be able to access STAT!Ref on your device from anywhere via a user name and password. See Mobile App information on this web page.
• Puffin WebBrowser for iPad: Puffin Web Browser 2.0 is the premium version
• Photon Flash Player Browser for iPad: Works on IOS4.2 or later
Not: Full Site link is only visable if you are using the STAT!Ref Browser version of Mobile and not one of the available apps.
Read what others are saying...
"I love having access to textbooks that are on my shelf, but I don't want to lug them around everywhere. Having access to them through STAT!Ref Online is very helpful."
-- James W. Rhee, M.D., Clinical Instructor, Emergency Medicine, University of Illinois
"STAT!Ref is a great tool. I use it a lot and so do the other students in my nursing course..."